Kharkov is an unbelievable city with many reasons to visit it. It is the second city by population size. Kharkov is a big industrial and scientific center. Also it has the name of students’ city because of its numerous universities and colleges. Almost in every corner of the city you can find some picturesque place, gorgeous churches and interesting sightseeing.
Here are the main reasons to visit Kharkov
- Because it is “green” city. It is hard to find the city with so many beautiful parks and squares. Kharkov has the biggest forest park in Ukraine. It looks like a real forest just near the city center. Every district has its own famous park where you can have a walk with your second half or with the family. The most popular among them are Shevchenko Park and Gorky Park, which is the theme one. It is impossible to resist to Botanic Garden and Sarzhyn Yar – the biggest water source of the city. Kharkov is a big industrial city, but there are a lot of places where you can satisfy yourself with the fresh air in spite of it.
- It will be a great idea to visit Kharkov, if you are a fan of museums and theatres. Sometimes the city is called like a “cultural center of Ukraine” because of its big variety of absolutely different museums, exhibitions, galleries and theaters. There are near 20 theatres in Kharkov for any taste. You can see the classical performances or art house in them; comedies, tragedies, love stories – everything is at your disposal. Museums surprise with their variety too. Nowadays the most popular among them are Museum of Illusions, where you can feel yourself like a very petite person, stand on the ceiling or appear in the shark’s mouth and Museum of Sexual culture, where you can get know about the sexual culture of different centuries and nationalities.
- Kharkov is a gastronomic city. Restaurants of the city will satisfy even the pickiest expert of delicious food. You can find the restaurant with every world’s cuisine – Italian, French, Japanese, Georgian, Mexican and, of course, Ukrainian. But most part of the restaurants has mixed cuisine. All of them are absolutely different with their own charm and highlight – there are luxury places for glamorous evenings or cozy ones, which make you feel yourself as you visit your close friend. They have only one thing in common – delicious food and excellent service. You can pick any to your liking and mood.
- To visit Kharkov is a good choice for the active persons. The city has a big range of places for the active rest, from the simple biking to the really extreme activities. You can rent the bike or rollerblades almost in every big park, also there are some special stables for the lovers of horse riding. If you are fond of driving, you can try carting or drive the quadrocycles in the forest. If you decide to visit Kharkov in the winter, you will definitely find what to do too – skiing, skating and snowboarding are waiting for you. A thrill seeker can enjoy the parachute jumping, road jumping or a hot-air ballooning.
- You can hardly find words to describe the night life of Kharkov. Discos, lounges and bars are magnificent and fabulous. The city is known for its bright parties. So if you want to visit Kharkov and to plunge yourself into its night life, you will have a big choice. Among the most popular night clubs are Bolero, Panorama, Misto and Radmir. These are the places with the charming atmosphere, good music and beautiful public.
Welcome to Ukraine and visit Kharkov!